guix-devel

Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:04:30 +0100

Hi Hartmut, Hi Guix!

Le 10/23, Hartmut Goebel a écrit :
> Am 23.10.19 um 14:51 schrieb Tanguy Le Carrour:
> > Is it possible to package it and make it available, but not to make it
> > the default python? When would be a good time to make the switch?!
>
> Yes, you can add a package "python-3.8".

Done!

But I still have some questions/problems:
 1- `etc/indent-code.el` re-indent the package differently than, for
    instance, python-3.7. Should I stick to what `etc/indent-code.el`
    does?
 2- To make it work I had to deactivate 4 tests. There was already a
    patch doing something similar ("This fails for unknown reasons on Guix"),
    but I'm pretty sure it would be better to work on fixing the problems,
right?

> You might even test if all packages still pass the test when you make
> this the default "python-3".

This, I'll do in a second time.

Any comment welcome!

--