guix-devel

Re: Profiles/manifests-related command line interface enhancements

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Profiles/manifests-related command line interface enhancements
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:07:07 +0100

Hi Andy,

> I wrote this for that purpose:
>

> https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Sandboxed-Evaluation.html

Right, I had found this when searching for something. It seems to solve
a couple of problems that I don't quite understand, but not so much
those I do (file/network access). Would be nice to see this extended.

> In practice Guix's "containerized" build jobs are much more effective
> than in-language barriers.

Indeed, but if Guix is compromised by malware, the build jobs may build
code that has already been tampered with.

Maybe one could have config and manifest files interpreted by the build
daemon for safety. Except that some manifest files (read: mine) need
read access to the file system.

Cheers,
  Konrad.