guix-devel

Re: Profiles/manifests-related command line interface enhancements

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Profiles/manifests-related command line interface enhancements
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 11:24:22 +0100

Hi Simon,

> So, you propose to "enrich" the DSL describing the manifest files, right?

Perhaps. I suppose there are several possible approaches, and I don't
claim to know what works best before actually trying.

One way is to "harden" manifest files, providing richer constructs for
defining and transforming packages but putting them into a
sandbox. Another way is to push as much information as possible into
channels and make manifests little more than lists of package