guix-devel

Re: Freezing ‘core-updates’ soon?

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Freezing ‘core-updates’ soon?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:29:54 +0200

Ludovic Courtès schreef op di 15-06-2021 om 10:52 [+0200]:
> Hello Guix!
>
> What about finally merging that ‘core-updates’ branch?  :-)
>
> The main things to decide on are: [...]
>
> Anything else?  Any patches pending review?

* Fixing cross-compilation

I sent a patch series fixing some cross-compilation build failures
I discovered when trying to cross-compile glib
(<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49025>, also implements cross-compilation
for meson-build-system). These could in principle be done on 'master' using
,@(if (%current-target-system) ...) though.

However, most of the causes of the cross-build failures is %build-inputs
not being defined anymore on core-updates when cross-compiling, but
apparently %build-inputs is still defined on master, so I just targetted
core-updates.

I would prefer to not have to add to the next release notes that
cross-compiling isn't supported anymore, so I'd like to have the
cross-compilation fixes on core-updates before the freeze.

* Fixing failed evaluations of core-updates
(https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/core-updates)

See https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49025#29 for a corresponding patch.

Greetings,
Maxime.