guix-devel

Re: Freezing ‘core-updates’ soon?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Freezing ‘core-updates’ soon?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 07:16:25 +0200

Hi Ludo,

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 at 10:52, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> What about finally merging that ‘core-updates’ branch?  :-)

Cool! :-)

> Anything else?  Any patches pending review?

The Julia v1.6 update introduce a tweak to master: utf8proc-2.6.1 [1]
and pcre2-10.36 [2] to avoid a world rebuild.  AFAIK, their update in
core-updates branch is not done.  At least, I have never sent the patch.

The package Julia v1.6 depends on these 2 packages.  The question
becomes if the Julia v1.6 is merged before and after the freeze?

Could you give an input about the location of patches?  See [3].  Thanks
in advance.

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/48325#13>
2: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/48325#17>
3: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/48325#25>

Cheers,
simon

PS: On a side note, I will be offline until the end of the next week.