guix-devel

Re: my apoligies (was Re: Telemetry on by default kitty)

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: my apoligies (was Re: Telemetry on by default kitty)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 18:54:11 -0400

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 07:32:34PM +0200, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
> Please can you (both) explain me what's aggressive in my above phrasing?
>
> I'm not a native speaker and I'm pretty sure my english needs much
> improvement, so I'll appreciate I you explain me what I did wrong and
> why you are calling my sentence "grief".

I'm sorry for my role in making this conversation discordant.

The phrases "I don't see the point of ..." and "good grief" are
colloquial English idioms that may be difficult to translate [0].

I'll try to speak more precisely in the future, because these idioms
make it harder for people who speak other languages to communicate
within the project.

[0] The first phrase is a way to say that I think the position being
described is incoherent. The second phrase is an exclamation of negative
emotions.