guix-devel

Re: Early feedback on Guix Home

From: Leo Prikler
Subject: Re: Early feedback on Guix Home
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 20:42:57 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 24.06.2021, 20:42 +0300 schrieb Andrew Tropin:
> It should be `guix home build ./path/to/file.scm`.  Also, make sure
> that
> before first run you've set proper GUILE_LOAD_PATH. (See
> https://sr.ht/~abcdw/rde/ Guix Home section, Option 2).
>
> It won't be needed, when Guix Home will be upstreamed, but for now it
> is
> necessary, if you want to use it from rde channel.
This probably comes a little late, but have you considered writing a
small wrapper module, that sets up %load-path and calls guix-home
proper?  The Guix package is set up to locate extensions from
share/guix/extensions.  I haven't checked if that works for channels,
but you ought to give it a try.

Regards,
Leo