guix-devel

Re: 5c8369d6c1 gnu: Add python2-twodict ?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: 5c8369d6c1 gnu: Add python2-twodict ?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 11:00:21 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 at 06:04, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Raghav Gururajan <rg@raghavgururajan.name> writes:

> >> Python 2 is EOL since a long time now
> >
> > Ah I see. I didn't know that.

Quoting Python Foundation: <<We have decided that January 1, 2020, was
the day that we sunset Python 2.>>

For reference: <https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/>.

> >> I propose to deprecate this package because it will be removed soon or
> >> later.
> >
> > Yeah, since python2 is deprecated. We could deprecate
> > youtube-dl-gui. Should we do this is as a batch, removing all python2
> > packages?
>
> Perhaps youtube-dl-gui could be removed along the python2 *leaf*
> packages that are orphaned as a result.

This package youtube-dl-gui seems a good candidate for the channel
guix-past [1].  WDYT?

1: <https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-past>

All the best,
simon