guix-devel

Re: Preservation of Guix 2021-10-22

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Preservation of Guix 2021-10-22
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 09:12:48 -0400

Hi zimoun,

>>> How can I get the list of these 376+217 packages?  Because it appears to
>>> me easy to send a save request for them. :-)
>
> Done. :-)

Nice!

> I have not checked one per one but I guess the 217 are included in the
> 376 ones.  As I said earlier, many of them are duplicates.

The 376 is the total across all commits, and the 217 only looks at one
commit.  In other words, yes, each of the 217 is included in the 376.

> I expect to have 0 missing git-reference package for the recent
> revisions.  If not, please raise!

Wow!  I really appreciate the work you’re putting into this.  I think
we’re really getting somewhere.

> *reject or failed: I am going to ask SWH folks.

Cool.  I noticed a few of these months ago and was wondering what could
be done about them.

-- Tim