guix-devel

Removing #:skip-build? from the crate importer?

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Removing #:skip-build? from the crate importer?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 13:55:06 +0200

Hi guix,

Often, when new rust package definitions are submitted at guix-
patches@, I see #:skip-build? #false.  Apparently it's added by default
in (guix import cargo), with some exceptions.  However, ‘(guix)Rust
Crates’ states:

   Care should be taken to ensure the correct version of dependencies
are used; to this end we try to refrain from skipping the tests or
using ‘#:skip-build?’ when possible. Of course this is not always
possible [...]

so I respond by asking to remove #:skip-build?.

As such, WDYT of removing #:skip-build? #false from (guix import
crate)?  FWIW, this was added in commit
269c1db41bd82f93c7ae5c62a4969a423e556183 to (guix import crate)?

Greetings,
Maxime.