guix-devel

Re: modifying (rather than fully replacing) a build phases

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: modifying (rather than fully replacing) a build phases
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 15:02:46 +0000

Hi Csepp,

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 02:30 AM, Csepp wrote:

> I think I've used assoc-ref to find the build phase I wanted and then
> called it from something else.  It's not super pretty, but it works.

Yes, you can get phases from other build-systems, for instance, which
is needed sometimes. Here I meant actually modifying such a phase,
rather than just using/replacing/removing it. Perhaps that is not so
straightforward currently. (And like you said, getting phases from
elsewhere can feel a little clunky, luckily not needed too often from
what I've seen.)

John