guix-science

Re: Help! I messed up guix-past

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Help! I messed up guix-past
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 16:07:55 +0200

Hi,

Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen@fastmail.net> skribis:

> I spent a lot of time on this problem, and reached the conclusion that
> it's the existence of two different versions of GnuPG that causes the
> trouble. GnuPG then picks up the wrong version of gpg-agent, discovers a
> version mismatch, and gives up on password checking. A rather strange
> way to handle security!

Ah, in that case that’s a different problem.

I remember there were issues along these lines at the time GnuPG 2.2 (?)
was released and the previous major version was still around, but that
was quite some time ago.

I don’t have the solution off the top if my head, but there ought to be
one; maybe having PATH consistently prefer either Guix’s profile or
Ubuntu would help?

Maybe we’ll improvise a GPG debugging sessions in Paris next week, who
knows?  ;-)

Cheers,
Ludo’.