gzz-dev

Re: Enfiladealigner (was: Re: [Gzz] Ids)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: Enfiladealigner (was: Re: [Gzz] Ids)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:30:33 +0300

> But if it's not a VStreamTexter, what do we do? For example, if it's a
> cell texter handling included objects through containment, as you
> proposed (cannot be represented in an Enfilade1D).

Well, that's the strategy's problem! You can have in gzz.fuzzy a factory
that creates the right kind of strategy for each celltexter or something.

> Of course. The question is how? StringSearchers don't want to know about
> the deltaspace (they're completely independent of the gzz package) and
> besides, the deltaspace is not in use yet. (Is someone going to bring it
> into use?)

StringSearchers could IMHO know about Delta objects, specifically
ContentDeltas. Then it would just be a matter of a generic hook mechanism.
Of course, one point I'll be adamant about: the stringsearcher hook
MUST be run *after* the animation: it's too slow as it is.

        Tuomas