gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] New PEG: containment--benja

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] New PEG: containment--benja
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:15:46 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:28:48AM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
The very *point* of clones is that you can connect things on a dimension they are already connected on. It's preferred to connect the original, because it has most connections anyway, so only if you can't connect to the original, you create a clone.

This is also AFAIK the philosophy in Ted's mechanism for joining remote clones: unify them into a single cell if there are no conflicting connections, make them clones if there are conflicting connections.

To me, this way of operation seems absolutely natural. Can you explain why you think it's bad?

Ok, maybe it's more an issue of visualization; if our visualizations always
showed
the clones of a cell in a reasonable way, it'd be not so confusing.

Hmm? Can you explain?
- Benja