gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] hemppah's research problems document

From: hemppah
Subject: Re: [Gzz] hemppah's research problems document
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:38:06 +0200

Quoting Tuomas Lukka <address@hidden>:

> can
> > > be
> can
> > > take
> > >
> > > Possibility? That's the *REASON* for guids!
> > >

> > Yes, of course.
> >
> > Let's take an example:
> > Overnet (DHT, Kademlia, GUID) supports multiple source downloads: for
> example,
> > let's assume that there is a data block which I want get. Now, when I found
> this
> > specific data block from Overnet, Overnet start's downloading it.
> However,
> > Overnet constantly seeks other sources for this data block (fragments of
> this
> > data block which I don't have yet) for faster downloading.
> >
> > Is this kind of model possible in Gzz p2p ?
>
> Do you see any reason it would not be?

My initial reactions is that this is possible.

However, I'm not 100% sure about this, because you and Benja have mentioned
sometimes something about fixed block lengths and I don't *really* know, in
practice, what do you mean by it (yes, it's a fixed size..but), and how it
differs from Overnet's scenario (?).

-Hermanni