gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] hemppah's research problems document

From: hemppah
Subject: Re: [Gzz] hemppah's research problems document
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:23:49 +0200

Quoting Tuomas Lukka <address@hidden>:

> > Okay, will notice it. Btw, in Gzz p2p, is there possibility that there can
> be
> > multiple block sources in the network, altough block has a GUID (so we can
> take
> > a benefit from it when obtaining the block) ?
>
> Possibility? That's the *REASON* for guids!

Yes, of course.

Let's take an example:
Overnet (DHT, Kademlia, GUID) supports multiple source downloads: for example,
let's assume that there is a data block which I want get. Now, when I found this
specific data block from Overnet, Overnet start's downloading it. However,
Overnet constantly seeks other sources for this data block (fragments of this
data block which I don't have yet) for faster downloading.

Is this kind of model possible in Gzz p2p ?

-Hermanni