gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/Documentation/misc/mindmap tech.rst

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/Documentation/misc/mindmap tech.rst
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 02:21:03 +0200 (EET)

Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Asko Soukka wrote:
> I do want some kind of spatial model, because I can't deny that spatial
> ordering of things is quite an important aspect in mind maps. But how to
> avoid the problem of an euclidean area and positioning things with
> absolute coordinates you mentioned? I have thinked about applitude
> specific metadata for placing cells relatively to their neighbours.

Hmm... maybe applitude spesific metadata for placing cells relatively to
their applitude's default positions would be simpler. Applitude
simply stores X and Y values how much user has placed/dragged the cell
apart from the place applitude (or should I speak about applitude's view?)
would have automatically (e.g. when operating with keyboard) placed it.
When cell has been dragged far enough from its place, the structure might
be modified: e.g. cell switches places with some other cell, or is moved
totally to different rank. I'm aiming to direct manipulation. It won't be
simple, but at least I should try it :)

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/