gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 1.1 java

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 1.1 java
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:00:51 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Asko Soukka wrote:
>>> Could there be e.g. scripts that warn when using non-free API?
>> This would be very nice :-)
> Someone must have already made this. Or... AFAIK mudyc has already
> experience of grepping functions from documentation :) Didn't he made
> something like that with the OpenGL API.

I think it's not hard to grep out every class names from 1.1 javadoc
BUT java's syntax checking is more like c++'s preprocessor and that's an
area which I'm not very familiar. Hemppah are more interested in compiling
technology and he had OKP course last year :)

Of course some assumptions can be made like find out only text with
capitalized letter at the beginning and so but far more easier is try
to compile with kaffe.

   -Matti