gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:42:47 +0200

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 05:45:10PM +0200, Asko Soukka wrote:
> Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Matti Katila wrote:
> > > Pen is more like for drawing. Actually you need to scroll the zoom so
> > > mouse is quite good for it. Though we should make a ruller more usable
> > > and use it for zooming.
>
> I've thought that PP is used on vertical plane like wall embedded
> LCD-screen? Well, I haven't seen those pens so I don't know how much they
> have currently different buttons and states to make more events available.

Depends on the pen. In the low end, you flip the pen around to bring the
virtual eraser on the tablet, so there are 4 states:

        hovering with pen
        pressing with pen
        hovering with eraser
        pressing with eraser

the more advanced ones have some buttons, and also advanced tablets can
recognize
different pens.

> > >From Asko's mindmap text:
> > - GZZ can use platform independently all input devices that are supported
> >   in Java.
> > Mouse wheeler events are Java 1.4 stuff so we don't see them soon in future.
>
> Mouse Wheeler? Right, I should be more exact on GZZ depends. According to
> README our target is currently Java 1.3.

Mouse Wheel.

Like I mentioned, this is irrelevant for OpenGL where we handle all events
ourselves.

        Tuomas