gzz-dev

[Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:19:26 +0200 (EET)

6h workday
 - find out one easy solution for the next step with umltool
   (including explicit references into diagrams):

   The UML-directives write the name of the current output file
   into the new reference file (tmpdir/diagramname.gen.refer).
   Of course, pure UML-directive makes sure it's first and UML-refer
   only adds the filename next to the list. When compiling diagrams,
   umltool adds these links into diagram from that refer-file.

   This allows compiling rsts in several passes (like our architecture and
   and pegboard rsts) and still refer to each others' diagrams. The bad
   thing is that UML-directive need to know the generated outputfilename
   to  write into refer-file. Well, at least this could be the first
   easy-to-implement -version.

   Trying to do that during next tuesday (and wednesday).

 - Add-on touchscreen really exists, but which I found sold in
   Finland were quite expensive (300-500e for 15" LCD). And because
   haven't ever seen one, can't say how good they are - can they
   for example be used for entering text (or graffiti)...

   Drawing tablets looked quite tempting. According to small googling most
   of the Wacom products should work also in Linux. Good A5 tablet was
   432e and A4 547e at verkkokauppa.com. Still quite expensive, but
   probably during spring I'll find a cheap used one for my personal use.

   Mudyc: I wonder, would there be need for tablet in PP?-) Of course
   Tablet PC would be closer to its targets, but tablet PCs seem to be
   still either big and heavy or far expensive. Could drawing tablet
   simulate pen interface?-)

   Hmm... MacOsX seem to come with builtin(?) support for drawing
   tablets (can replace mouse and -doubting- even keyboard).

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/