gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:59:20 +0200 (EET)

Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> >    Drawing tablets looked quite tempting. According to small googling most
> >    of the Wacom products should work also in Linux. Good A5 tablet was
> >    432e and A4 547e at verkkokauppa.com. Still quite expensive, but
> >    probably during spring I'll find a cheap used one for my personal use.
> I have one you can borrow.

Then you have probably already tried it sometimes with GZZ? Is it your
personal or project's? My January seem mostly go with umltool and article,
but then I would be interested testing it. Could you bring it to Jkl and
can it be stored at our office (in the room)? If there exists such drivers
for X, which makes it replace mouse, I hope it could be tested even sooner
with PP.

> >    Hmm... MacOsX seem to come with builtin(?) support for drawing
> >    tablets (can replace mouse and -doubting- even keyboard).
> Do you want to port our OpenGL stuff to mac?

I know almost nothing about Macs. They just look so cute and sometimes,
when I'm getting enough of all tuning with PCs, their approach feel more
reasonable. Anyway, with such support like MacOsX's Inkwell, there would
be no need for explicit support for tablets. But probably there exists
some tablet drivers also for X Windows, which makes their pen work like
mouse?

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/