gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-01-03 (umltool, tablets)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:27:59 +0200 (EET)

Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Note that we have quite hefty resource requirements-- I wouldn't think
> that embedded devices fulfill them yet. As for most Java-enabled cell
> phones, they're using J2ME... it is very educational at the requirements
> the JXME (Jxta for J2ME) -- see:

http://www.nokiame.com/tech-java-faqs.shtml

"Nokia 9210 Communicator supports the Personal Java platform. It is based
on the Java 1.1 Platform and targeted for high-end consumer electronics
devices. Personal Java includes a full Java Virtual Machine and provides
wide functionality to the application developers."

> For example, they assume: "Runtime heap is of the order of 32K - 64K."

I don't know how these are with 9210. That's why I asked, if someone
had tried already :) At least 0.6. series.

> > Could there be e.g. scripts that warn when using non-free API?
> This would be very nice :-)

Someone must have already made this. Or... AFAIK mudyc has already
experience of grepping functions from documentation :) Didn't he made
something like that with the OpenGL API.

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/