gzz-dev

[Gzz] Interpolation(animation) with buoymanager..

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Gzz] Interpolation(animation) with buoymanager..
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:09:14 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:

>>  public abstract class AbstractAnimationNode implements BuoyViewMainNode {
>> -private static final String rcsid = "$Id: AbstractAnimationNode.java,v 1.1
>> 2003/02/07 20:10:53 mudyc Exp $";
>> +private static final String rcsid = "$Id: AbstractAnimationNode.java,v 1.2
>> 2003/02/08 10:19:20 mudyc Exp $";
>>      public static boolean dbg = false;
>>      private static void pa(String s) {
>> System.out.println("AbstractAnimationNode:"+s); }
>>
>> -
>>      private boolean makeAnimationFromSomething = false;
>> -
>> +    private final int fromCS;
>> +
>>      public AbstractAnimationNode() {
>> +    makeAnimationFromSomething = false;
>> +    this.fromCS = -1;
>> +    }
>> +
>> +    public AbstractAnimationNode(int fromCS) {
>>      makeAnimationFromSomething = true;
>> +    this.fromCS = fromCS;
>>      }
>>

>>      public void renderMain(VobScene vs, int into) {
>> -
>> -    int fromXXX = 0;
>> -
>>      if (makeAnimationFromSomething) {
>>          ((DefaultVobMatcher)vs.matcher).keymapSingleCoordsys(into,
>> -            fromXXX);
>> +            fromCS);
>>          makeAnimationFromSomething = false;
>>      }
>>      }
>>
>>      public void keystroke(String s) {
>> -
>> +    pa("override abstract keystroke");
>>      }
>>

>>      public boolean mouse(MouseEvent e, VobScene oldVobScene) {
>> -    pa("mouse e"+e);
>> +    pa("override the abstract class,  mouse e"+e);
>>
>>      return true;
>>      }
>
> Mudyc: I think this is the wrong approach: the intention is that all
> animation concerns  are handled by the Buoy*MANAGER*. No buoy should
> be concerned about it. That's one of the crucially important features
> of the design, because it makes implementing buoys much less hassle.

Issues:
  a)
 renderMain and renderBuoy should return the coordination system integer
 which is these frameCS.

  b)
 renderMain and renderBuoy need to match with specified object ehich can
 be then used from bouymanager.

Anyway I don't know how to do it with no hassle at all with buoys.

The AbstractAnimationNode class was something where only needed to say
super(foo) if animation is conserned but I keep thinking of all
possibilities.

   -Matti