gzz-dev

Cursors in RDF (was Re: [Gzz] Structure proposal: RDF (+Xu))

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Cursors in RDF (was Re: [Gzz] Structure proposal: RDF (+Xu))
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:27:04 +0100

Benja Fallenstein wrote:
There's a cursor position, the focused node, shown in the middle of the screen. [...] In addition to the focus, we keep a selected node. This is shown directly right of the focused note (if connected poswards) or directly left (if connected negwards).

Just noted that literals make this a little more complicated. We want to be able to focus literal nodes, yet we cannot make a link to them, because they're without identity. From the semantics perspective, this makes sense, but for editing, it makes things yet a little more difficult.

Have to think about this. Possibly saying "the 'age' property literal of person X is accursed" would be right, but there may be two such literals... hmmmm.

- Benja