gzz-dev

Re: Cursors in RDF (was Re: [Gzz] Structure proposal: RDF (+Xu))

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: Cursors in RDF (was Re: [Gzz] Structure proposal: RDF (+Xu))
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:30:54 +0100

Benja Fallenstein wrote:

There's a cursor position, the focused node, shown in the middle of the screen. [...] In addition to the focus, we keep a selected node. This is shown directly right of the focused note (if connected poswards) or directly left (if connected negwards).

Just noted that literals make this a little more complicated. We want to be able to focus literal nodes, yet we cannot make a link to them, because they're without identity. From the semantics perspective, this makes sense, but for editing, it makes things yet a little more difficult.

Have to think about this. Possibly saying "the 'age' property literal of person X is accursed" would be right, but there may be two such literals... hmmmm.

Maybe you shouldn't be able to *accurse* literals anyway, only select them on the wheel. Moving onto them doesn't make a lot of sense, since they have only one backlink by definition... And to edit a number of properties, it would be more practical to

    Tab
    Benja
    Tab
    Down
    Tab
    Fallenstein
    Tab

than to

    Right
    Tab
    Benja
    Tab
    Left
    Down
    Right
    Tab
    Fallenstein
    Tab
    Left

However, we still need a way to select the literal as the current 'rotation' of the wheel. If we just stored the literal itself, it would be possible that there are two different properties on an object with an equal literal value... so we'd probably need to store the property as well...

-b.