gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG model_management--tjl

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG model_management--tjl
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 23:06:48 +0200

Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Matti Katila wrote:

- Do we really need the "home" member in FFC?

Good question. If we do we don't have to use it. In zz like views it could be good startting point but not very needed by other views I think.

zzStructure was somewhat "home cell" centric. RDF doesn't seem to be. I couldn't find the term "root node" from the specs but can XML serialization denote such?

> Every f+c view needs to have a start point in the structure, but where
> could we get this information?

No. RDF does not have such a concept.

However, RDF graphs themselves generally have URIs (at least a file: URI...). In a *serialization* of a graph this can be represented as the empty relative URI:

    <> dc:title "Foobar".

When unserializing, the relative URI is replaced by the absolute URI of the graph.

I think "home cells" should be implemented through a property on the graph:

    <> fenfire:home <urn:urn-5:...:17>.

For the FFC object, it would then make more sense to know the *graph's* URI; views could find the home cell from there, if there is any.

- Benja