gzz-dev

Start node (Re: [Gzz] PEG model_management--tjl)

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Start node (Re: [Gzz] PEG model_management--tjl)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:03:41 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
>  > Every f+c view needs to have a start point in the structure, but where
>  > could we get this information?
>
> No. RDF does not have such a concept.

So how do we decide where to start at the moment?

> However, RDF graphs themselves generally have URIs (at least a file:
> URI...). In a *serialization* of a graph this can be represented as the
> empty relative URI:
>
>      <> dc:title "Foobar".

Cunning :-)

> I think "home cells" should be implemented through a property on the graph:
>
>      <> fenfire:home <urn:urn-5:...:17>.

Ok, but this won't help with general RDF graphs.

> For the FFC object, it would then make more sense to know the *graph's*
> URI; views could find the home cell from there, if there is any.

Which one to have as the attribute then: the URI, which is not meaningful
otherwise (?) and may not resolve into a node; or the respective node,
which could be always set to something on load.

There can be other reflexive assertions in addition to fenfire:home, and
we might need to get into them as well. In that sense, storing the graph
URL or its node (which can be null) would be better than storing the view
start node.