gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Third, PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Third, PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 19:08:00 +0300

> Issues
> ======
>
> .. - Do we want to change mouse cursor?
>
>       RESOLVED: Yes, we do. Different effective ares on
>         GUI should be noticeable also without changing mouse cursor on
>         top of them, of course, mouse cursors would work as
>         additional visual glues. Except for the effective ares, also
>         for the application state.
>
> - How the mouse cursor should be changed?
>
>       RESOLVED: Calling
> ``org.nongnu.libvob.GraphicsAPI.Window.setCursor()``
>       with ID of wanted cursor as a parameter. Of course setCursor()
> method
>         should be implemented separately for both AWT and GL.

Id?

Why Cursor objects? Are you sure that's a good idea? How much
do cursor objects initialize of AWT?

I still would prefer just passing a String to the GraphicsAPI.Window method.

BTW: you don't need to put so much of the implementation code in the PEG -
just the interface (the externally visible part of GraphicsAPI) is needed.

        Tuomas