gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Third, PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Third, PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 19:44:32 +0300 (EEST)

Fri, 9 May 2003, Tuomas Lukka kirjoitti:
> > - How the mouse cursor should be changed?
> >
> >     RESOLVED: Calling
> > ``org.nongnu.libvob.GraphicsAPI.Window.setCursor()``
> >     with ID of wanted cursor as a parameter. Of course setCursor()
> > method
> >         should be implemented separately for both AWT and GL.
> Id?

AFAIK, that issue was re-resolved without that strange ID thing. :)
Actually it was integer referring to mouse cursor constant.

> Why Cursor objects? Are you sure that's a good idea? How much
> do cursor objects initialize of AWT?

I don't know, but I guess cursor won't change so often
that it would be a problem...

AFAIK, comparing strings isn't cheap either.

> I still would prefer just passing a String to the GraphicsAPI.Window method.

But then we should define somewhere all possible mouse cursor strings. So,
using awt cursor would be easy as long as the default system cursors are
enough. And still there is mysterious "custom cursor".

Should we have both? Interface for using AWT Cursor or pure string?

> BTW: you don't need to put so much of the implementation code in the PEG -
> just the interface (the externally visible part of GraphicsAPI) is needed.

Ok. I can comment them :) I still need them to remember all the places
this affects. It took some time for me to find out them all ;)

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>