gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] fourth PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] fourth PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:57:05 +0300 (EEST)

Mon, 12 May 2003, Tuomas Lukka kirjoitti:
> >      * "WAIT_CURSOR" The wait cursor type.
> >      */
>
> ISSUE: Do we *really* want all arguments to this method have the _CURSOR
> suffix?

I would prefer it, since then they'll be similar to constants
in awt.Cursor. If that's not a good reason enough, then we may drop the
suffix.

Benja?

> >     if (cursorName == "CROSSHAIR_CURSOR")
> >       cursor = new Cursor(Cursor.CROSSHAIR_CURSOR);
> >     else if (cursorName == "DEFAULT_CURSOR")
> >       cursor = new Cursor(Cursor.DEFAULT_CURSOR);
> >     else throw new IllegalArgumentException("Unknown cursor:
> > "+cursorName);
> >     canvas.setCursor(cursor);
> >     }
> Using reflection is also possible.

Reflection? Please, explain.

> >       cursorName == "SW_RESIZE_CURSOR" ||
> >       cursorName == "TEXT_CURSOR" ||
> >       cursorName == "W_RESIZE_CURSOR" ||
> >       cursorName == "WAIT_CURSOR")
>
> That code won't work. Can't compare strings using ==.

Of course :/  -> String.equals().

Mudyc told that std::strings in C++ can be compared
using '=='. Is that correct? So, the difference is that
operators can't be overloaded in Java.

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>