gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG: vocab again

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG: vocab again
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:51:49 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
When and how would conversion be done? When would it be unnecessary, and why? This is the issue here.

In the scenario above it would be unnecessary; when real code starts
hitting the tree, the PEG has already been made.

We could define "no code in the default code paths of a
stable release shall use EXPERIMENTAL URIs",
would that satisfy you?

I thought this is a given. If it isn't, it should be defined. It does not resolve the issue, which is: When and how does data using EXPERIMENTAL URIs get converted?

The people using devel stuff can take care of converting.

I am a person using devel stuff. Therefore, I want to know what this would inflict on me if it goes through.

As to how, there are several options.

This is not an answer.

One possibility is to define that code using URIs from lava should *never be used* except for testing purposes-- anybody who ignores this must take of converting themselves. If you want to do that, you should explain which conventions prevent developers from using such code accidentally.

I did state the earlier concepts that were renamed - this actually
does define them.

Where?

        PP links (now dLinks) or xu links (now CLinks)

This defines "dLink == PP link, CLink = xu link".

Where do you say the concepts were renamed? The above implies that, but doesn't say it, nor give the reasons for it. That was the point.

Says "an enfilade parseable by alph". Need more?

That's not a datatype-- alph doesn't know datatypes, it could even parse a (malformed) int-datatype literal that contains the XML serialization of an enfilade.

The old version of RDF distinguished string and XML literals; the new version, which has been in last call, will have an optional datatype URI associated with each literal, and one of these URIs will signify XML literals. See the specs at w3.org.

Ok, what do you suggest?

XML literal?

- It should be clear from this what the URIs of the terms are. Giving the namespace URI would suffice.

Do you want it in the javadoc or is a String inside FF sufficient?

String, I think.

Why? What is it needed for?

Huh?

"It should be clear what the URIs of the terms are." -- "Is a String inside FF sufficient for you?" -- "Yes." -- "Why? What is it needed for?"

- Benja