gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG: utf8

From: Alatalo Toni
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG: utf8
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 21:00:02 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:

> I propose that we agree that the days of Latin-1 are
> past and move everything we do to UTF-8.

interesting - hopefully we can.

>     RESOLVED: No, not any more.  Both emacs and vim support it.
>     It's steadily gaining ground.

as an example of that ground-gaining, Apple Terminal (the xterm
replacement that does not require X, the GNUStep-version is btw in debian
as a package called terminal) defaults to UTF-8. so far i've always
changed that to Latin-x but perhaps not in near future, then..

made quick tests with some editors, guess the relevant ones work.

sounds like a good plan to me, but of course don't know all potential
issues.

~Toni