gzz-dev

[Gzz] Lava, coordsyscache

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Lava, coordsyscache
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:16:59 +0300

I just noticed an alarming thing:

~/cvs/fenfire$ gj CoordsysCac
./org/fenfire/util/lava/CoordsysCache.java:public class CoordsysCache {
./org/fenfire/util/lava/CoordsysCache.java:    private void p(String s) {
System.out.println("CoordsysCache:"+this+": "+s); }
./org/fenfire/view/CanvasView2D.java:    private CoordsysCache coords = new
CoordsysCache();
./org/fenfire/view/AreaSelectingView2D.java:    private CoordsysCache coords =
new CoordsysCache();

Some lava code implementing an unaccepted PEG is being used in the
non-lava part; I understand that it's a pretty important thing to have
the fast animation but it also means that we should all do our best
to resolve the situation. Code like that should feel like a stone in your
shoe until it's either officialized or done some other way.

I still don't even understand the need for CoordsysCache, could you please
explain it once again, mudyc? I know it must be annoying to have to explain
it in so much detail but I think it's pretty important that I understand
what it is and why, right?

        Tuomas