gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Lava, coordsyscache

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Lava, coordsyscache
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:15:10 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 10:31:20AM +0300, Matti Katila wrote:
> >
> > Uh, I feel like a dumm. Ok, takes some hours to fix this.

Now enough hours later I can say, phhh...

> ;) Nevermind, it happens - libvob is a complex system with lots
> of features.
>
> At the same time, could you think what we need to do to fix the docs
> so that this wouldn't have happened?

First someone should document how this makes sense?

    public void chgFast(VobScene oldVS, int parent) {
        p("parent: "+parent+" to make chgFast: "+oldVS.matcher.getKey(parent)
          + ", foo: "+ oldVS.matcher.getCS(oldVS.matcher.getKey(parent)));

AreaSelectingView2D:: parent: 199 to make chgFast: address@hidden, foo: -1

So, 199 == -1?

Should I have guess that this works only if parent is cs number 0?

    public int getCS(Object key) {
        if(key == null) key = NULL;
        return getCSByKeyObject(new Key(key, 0));
    }

    public int getCS(int parent, Object key) {
        if(key == null) key = NULL;
        return getCSByKeyObject(new Key(key, parent));
    }

I understand, after some thinking, why it's so, because of recursive
coordsystems, but it for example can be written in javadoc - thank you.

So, coorsys number <=> matching key is not true.

   -Matti