h5md-user

[h5md-user] Make "time" optional?

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: [h5md-user] Make "time" optional?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:08:39 +0200

Hi everyone,

Now that I have started to use H5MD seriously, I also start to notice
problems with it. One of them is the obligatory presence of a "time"
dataset. I want to store a Monte-Carlo trajectory which consists of a
sequence of configurations, but without any associated time values.
If I want to respect the H5MD specification, I have to make up
numbers, which is not a good habit to take.

Is there any reason why "time" was made obligatory?

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France