Re: [Health-dev] Install GNU Health from source

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Install GNU Health from source
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:31:34 +0200

Hi Luis and the GNU Health developers,

So I've started fresh, and installed both Tryton and GNU Health from
source. Sadly I still get the same "unmet dependencies" error message
as soon as I've run "make install". Any idea about what I'm doing
wrong?

Starting on a fresh Debian Sid (unstable), I've executed the following commands:

$ sudo aptitude install python-lxml python-relatorio python-dateutil
python-psycopg2 python-tz python-polib python-ldap python-vobject
postgresql
$ mkdir ~/bin
$ cd ~/bin
$ wget http://downloads2.tryton.org/2.4/trytond-2.4.1.tar.gz
$ tar -xf trytond-2.4.1.tar.gz
$ wget http://downloads2.tryton.org/2.4/tryton-2.4.1.tar.gz
$ tar -xf tryton-2.4.1.tar.gz
$ cd trytond-2.4.1/
$ python setup.py install --user
$ cd ../tryton-2.4.1/
$ python setup.py install --user

<Tryton is installed, let's configure Postgres to be a bit less paranoid>

$ sudo passwd postgres
<changed password to "postgres", use this for the next step>
$ su - postgres -c "createuser --createdb --no-createrole
--no-superuser --pwprompt <USERNAME>"
(replace <USERNAME> with the username you are currently logged in with)
$ sudo nano /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/pg_hba.conf

<change "peer" and "mdr" by "trust":
Replace "local   all             all                                     peer"
By "local   all             all                                     trust"
Replace "host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            mdr"
By "host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust"

$ sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql* restart

<Let's start Tryton up>

$ ~/.local/bin/trytond -v
$ ~/.local/bin/tryton

<At this point Tryton starts properly>
<Create a new profile (localhost:8000) and a new database (gnuhealth)>
<Stop Tryton (both previous commands)>
<Let's download GNU Health and install it>

$ cd ~/bin
$ wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-1.6.3.tar.gz
$ tar -xf gnuhealth-1.6.3.tar.gz
$ cd gnuhealth-1.6.3/
$ ./configure
--with-tryton=$HOME/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trytond-2.4.1-py2.7.egg
$ make install

<Now GNU Health is installed, let's restart Tryton>

$ ~/.local/bin/trytond -v
$ ~/.local/bin/tryton

<After logging into Tryton, the following error happens>

address@hidden:~$ .local/bin/tryton
ERROR:common.message:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 123, in _marshaled_dispatch
    response['result'] = dispatch_method(method, params)
  File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 156, in _dispatch
    res = dispatch(*args)
  File "/trytond/protocols/dispatcher.py", line 36, in dispatch
    res = security.login(database_name, user, session)
  File "/trytond/security.py", line 19, in login
    pool = _get_pool(dbname)
  File "/trytond/security.py", line 13, in _get_pool
    pool.init()
  File "/trytond/pool.py", line 113, in init
    self.start()
  File "/trytond/pool.py", line 64, in start
    register_classes()
  File "/trytond/modules/__init__.py", line 317, in register_classes
    for package in create_graph(get_module_list())[0]:
  File "/trytond/modules/__init__.py", line 187, in create_graph
    raise Exception('%s unmet dependencies: %s' % (package, missings))
Exception: health_mdg6 unmet dependencies: ['health', 'health_lab']

health_mdg6 unmet dependencies: ['health', 'health_lab']

The "funny" part is that if you log into Tryton using a wrong
password, you will still see the same error message...
Looking at the steps I followed, is there something you see I'm missing?

    +Emilien
P.S.: Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed to this list.