Re: [Health-dev] Cannot overwrite a previously saved data

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Cannot overwrite a previously saved data
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 21:15:30 -0300

Dear Andrew

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks Luis
>
> I agree that each clinic/hospital that uses GNU Health must have
> its own information governance/safety/patient confidentiality procedures in
> place.
>
> I am just concerned about any healthcare software that has a "delete
> record" button functionality. Might it be possible to rename GNU Health delete
> buttons as "Discontinue" or "Save to history" or "Make record inactive"?
I agree. I propose having a record that can NOT be deleted on
evaluations and lab test . This won't allow the record to be deleted.
It can be modified if the user has enough rights for that model /
fields. This will
a) Avoid accidental (or not) deletion of records
b) Update records with new information or corrections (that can be in
combination with digital signatures)

Ideas / suggestions are most welcome

All the best

--