Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health product pack size, pack unit and manufacture

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health product pack size, pack unit and manufacturer
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:33:32 +0000

Thanks Andrew !
On 21/11/13 10:39, address@hidden wrote:
> Yes Luis you are right.
>
> Product: Amoxicillin 250mg capsules
>
> Pack size: 21
> capsules (1 week treatment course at normal dose)
>
> Order in 'outer wrap' of 100
> packs
>
> Order from pharmacy to supplier might be for an "outer wrap" pack of 100
> x 21 capsules
> Issue units to the patient should be single capsules.
>
> Tryton/GNU
> Health would need to hold the unit price (capsule), the pack price (21
> capsules),
> and possibly the outer wrap price (100 x 21 capsules).
>
> A bit
> complicated isn't it :-(
It's a matter of keeping it simple ( or at least trying ;) ).

For me, we need to track the lot for the main product data
(traceability, expiry date, .. ). Then we can have those products
"re-packaged", depending on the settings (eg, inpatient vs outpatient)

So, if we get a shipping of all the amox. boxes, we need to then make
the stock move at unit level (tablet / capsule).

At hospital settings, you can have one main warehouse and several
internal locations. They can then order to the main location n boxes,
and separate them into their units. So at the main location we deal with
boxes, and at each location we deal with units. Does it make sense ?
This units would need to be linked to the lot number.

> Could you forward to Cedric for his view on this
> issue?
He's on the list :)

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org