Re: [Health-dev] Developing a new module - GNUHealth

From: Sebastián Marró
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Developing a new module - GNUHealth
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:39:04 -0200

Hi

2013/12/22 Dr.Janaki Meena.M IT1330 <address@hidden>
Hi,

We are trying to develop a new module in GNUHealth.

We have tried to create a new module named as Hello_World with the following steps:

1. Created a new directory named as HelloWorld in /home/gnuhealth/tryton/server/module/
2. Created Hello_World.py file with the new module name.
3. One model namely gnuhealth.helloworld in the .py file
4. Created a form view in the XML file.
5. Modified init to register the model in the pool
6. Modified tryton.cfg to include the above XML file.

Please help in this regard.

We would be grateful if the steps to be followed for creating module is given.

The steps are ok, but If you create the module in the directory /home/gnuhealth/tryton/server/modules/ then you have to create a symbolic link of that module to the /home/gnuhealth/tryton/server/trytond-2.8.x/trytond/modules, because that is the place that the tryton server will look for new modules. Remember to update your database in order to have your new module listed in the modules list.

Here you have another example of a hello world module: https://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/HelloWorld

Regards

--
Sebastián Marró