Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health on MS Windows?

From: Jakob Lang
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health on MS Windows?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:46:57 +0200

Hi everyone,

first of all: thank you so much for all the help and hints! It is really awesome how helpful this community is.
The reason basically why I think about running it on Windows is basically that no one of the team here except me knows anything about Linux. (I currently have a first version running on Linux...)
Axel, you said "...for good reasons..." can you give me some more details on that? Or was that just a general dislike of a Linuxer against Windows? If there are really good arguments I might be able to convince the team here to go for a Linux.

Thanks very much!
Jakob

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 15:02:59 schrieb Ivo Ulrich:

> I would definitely advise you to go with the latest GNU Health! Maybe you
> can figure out a way to get a linux machine (or simply use virtualbox for
> the start).

https://susestudio.com/a/7hReQg/gnu-health-2-6-kde-4-32bit
is available as Hyper-V Virtual harddisk as well.

> I guess most people here are running the server one some linux.

...for good reasons...

/Ax