Re: [Health-dev] Serious dose errors when prescribing with a decimal poi

From: Sebastián Marró
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Serious dose errors when prescribing with a decimal point
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 11:12:17 -0300

Hi Andrew

Dear Luis

I am testing GNU Health for children's prescribing functionality. I
have discovered a serious error.

If I want to prescribe a dose for a child
with a decimal point (which is very common) say 12.5 mg then the system
converts this to 125.00 mg when saving to the patient record (which is a 10 x
overdose).

Can you investigate please?

If you are using the demo server, i found that someone changed the language of the admin user to Spanish. So it was using "," as decimal separator.  I restored the language to English for the admin user and now it uses "." as decimal separator and if you complete 12.5 it does not converts to 125.00.

Regards !

--
Sebastián Marró
thymbr@