Re: [Health-dev] [task #13390] Set deceased field as a party attribute i

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #13390] Set deceased field as a party attribute instead of patient
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 17:05:25 +0000

Hi Oscar !

On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 08:25:05 -0500
Oscar Alvarez <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 09/11/14 07:47, Luis Falcon wrote:

> >                   Privacy: Public
> >          Percent Complete: 0%
> >               Assigned to: meanmicio
> >               Open/Closed: Open
> >           Discussion Lock: Any
> >                   Release: None
> >                    Module: health
> >
> >      _______________________________________________________
> >
> > Details:
> >
> > The deceased field should be a party attribute, moving it from the
> > patient model. The patient model will reference to it (function).
> >
> > Additionally, we will study setting the "active" attribute in party
> > to False when the person has died.
> >
> Hi, Luis
>
> The deceased is a feature of a patient only, instead party is more
> generic (suppliers, customers, insurance company) , I dont understand
> this change, the tryton users on party model (often for example
> accounting staff) can be not related with deceased of party, so I
> think this change bloat party model.
>
> is just my opinion. ;)

Thank you for your comment !

It has to do with the concept of "person" that I want to keep enhancing
in GNU Health. Being a patient is just one possible (and not
necessary) state of a person. So are the states of being alive or dead.

For instances, when working on demographics, we need to collect
information from the population (some of them are in the just in the
census, some of them are in the census and are part of the health
system, and finally, only a subset of those are patients).

So that's why is important to have that attribute at the party level.
We need to work on the "people before patients" premise.

Best,