Re: [Health-dev] Recording patient weight and patient height in GNU Heal

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Recording patient weight and patient height in GNU Health
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:45:15 +0000

Hi Andrew !
On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 13:34:48 +0000 (GMT)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis and GNU Health devs
>
> Should GNU Health ask for a check/update of
> patient weight (kg) (and date of recording) and patient height (cm)
> (and date of recording) when creating a new patient or patient
> evaluation/encounter?

Agree. I think anthropometrics should be something to be taken on every
patient evaluation.

In fact, today's GNU Health pediatric WHO charts are based on those
values that are registered on each visit.

Weight and other anthropometric measures should be taken on
the evaluation, in the same way that they take the blood pressure.

> At
> the moment recording this important information is rather "passive"
> and I think we should make it more "compulsory".
>
> We might also consider making this
> information more easily viewed/monitored by adding to the "critical
> patient information" section on the main patient screen?

Great point ! If the patient is under / overweight, we should show it on
the critical patient information.

I also propose - for 3.0 - a chart that display the patient BMI and WHR
history.

Probably we should show the warning message to take anthropometrics if
some conditions are met (first evaluation; time during two evaluations;
if overweight / obese in previous evaluation; pregnancy;  on metabolic
disorders... ). This would set a "red flag" to the health professional
before saving the record if any of those conditions are met.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best
Luis