[Health-dev] Prescribing medicines vs Administering medicines

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Health-dev] Prescribing medicines vs Administering medicines
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:35:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Luis

I think GNU Health needs to differentiate the date/time that a
medication/vaccine is prescribed/ordered and the date/time that the medication
is actually administered to the "person" by the appropriate healthcare
professional - doctor/nurse etc.

Sometimes, if the medicine is a one-off dose
(stat) then the doctor/prescriber might want to "prescribe and administer" in
one single workflow process - a "prescribe and administer" button option would
be very useful.

I don't think that we should get too involved in the
medication administration workflow just at the moment but we need to analyze
and define the process for the development road-map.

Regards

Andrew