Re: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:51:41 -0300

Hi Chris, Marc

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:22:02 -0700
Chris <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hiya!
>
> > I'm in the final stages of building a Blood Bank management system
> > based on Django. Over the last few months however, I have been
> > working a lot with GNU Health and Tryton.
>
> Awesome! =-)
>
> > Considering that the folks responsible for the Django app are
> > planning to release it with an OSS license, I was thinking to use
> > some of the effort and knowledge to create a blood bank module for
> > GNU Health.
>
> Awesome ^ 2! =-)

Thanks for pointing this out !

We had a quite interesting discussion on this in the Spanish GNU
Health mailing some months ago.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-es/2014-08/msg00112.html

From this thread we came to the conclusion that the best way to
start is with a generic module with the common functionality for
transplantable tissues / organs, and from there create specifics for
each of them.

Let us know your thoughts.

Best,
Luis