Re: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:27:43 -0700

Hiya all!

> > We had a quite interesting discussion on this in the Spanish GNU
> > Health mailing some months ago.
> >
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-es/2014-08/msg00112.html
> >
> > From this thread we came to the conclusion that the best way to
> > start is with a generic module with the common functionality for
> > transplantable tissues / organs, and from there create specifics for
> > each of them.

Hmm, interesting. I'm slowly making my through the discussion (Spanish
skills are lacking), but this is certainly an ambitious goal.

> From the perspective of modeling the conception of HLA matching [0] will serve
> multiple aspects and I think you are perfectly right to implement it first.

Seems to be a robust and powerful topic. For example, supporting the
nomenclature system would be useful. Seems you are also saying that with
the HLA support, searching for matches becomes trivial if you tied in
patient testing metrics, too.

-C

PS: I was looking at FHIR stuff, but I couldn't seem to find transplant
specific standards. I mean, there are Specimen resources, but I'll keep
looking.