[Health-dev] [task #13769] Flexible name on party (person)

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: [Health-dev] [task #13769] Flexible name on party (person)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 09:20:50 +0000

Follow-up Comment #13, task #13769 (project health):

FYI, the Party.name in trunk is no more required.

I think it is wrong to compute or hide the Party.name because this name could
be different from any of the parts.
Also I think we should add a deprecation warning on the usage of
Party.lastname as for me it is only kept for backward compatibility and it
will be removed in the future.

About the PersonName design, I think we don't read the same from the HL7. For
each 'use' value, it should have a 'text' field, a list of 'family', 'given',
'prefix' and 'suffix'.
Of course such design will make the form quite complicate, I think we can
simplify by saying that we add a single one2many with a field type ('family',
'given', 'prefix' and 'suffix') and a field value. This single field will
represent the official 'use'. If someone wants to be able to add different
'use', he could add other one2many fields.
Also in this case the 'text' from official 'use' will be the Party.name

I think this example page is quite informative:
http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/fhir/datatypes-examples.html#HumanName

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13769>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/