Re: [Health-dev] Localization German - new database on Raspi4 GH3.8

From: Edgar Hagenbichler
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Localization German - new database on Raspi4 GH3.8
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 23:41:32 +0200

Dear Axel,

dear Armand,

Am 27.04.2021 um 12:35 schrieb Axel Braun:

still I am working on the the translation issue, and I tried to make a
new database:

Thank you very much Axel and Armand, due to your help I managed now to install a new database.

At https://hagenbichler.at/usergroup.html I documented my way, you find it at GNUHealth - Raspi - Installationsanleitung für neue Datenbank

[....]

trytond-admin -c /usr/bin/trytond.conf --all -d health38_V2 -v

=> OSError: Database "health38_V2.sqlite doesn't exist"
The configuration is in /etc/tryton/trytond.conf
Thank you, that was the mistake.

Now I think: would it be possible to have a feature in the GNUHealth or
the Tryton-client, that would just make a new database via the client,
if I am already connected to a database? So that in fact it makes just a
copy  of the current database, or uses the same template of the current
database, that was used during the first installation of that database?
I think, that would be great and would help a lot for laymen or simple
users as I am.
That was a feature in earlier versions of Tryton, but was dropped as it was
considered unsecure. I agree, that feature was nice and made life easy....

It would be great to convince the Tryton directorate to put this feature again into Tryton and to make life easy again 😁. Why is it more unsecure than if you make it manually, except that many people (like me) just are not able to do it, or can do it only with the intensely help of the experts?

Cheers

Edgar