[Health-dev] [bug #63627] Problematic restriction for editing parties fr

From: Axel Braun
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #63627] Problematic restriction for editing parties from the patients view
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 04:26:07 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug #63627 (project health):

Follow-up Comment #2:

Hi Luis,
I reopened, as I don't feel the current setup reflects the real world process
- or at least makes the real world process very difficult. (So it may work as
designed, but design needs improvement)

When a new patient is registered at the service desk, there is often the need
to adjust patient data after saving it - just think about the flaky date
widget behind the DoB field.

Having the front desk disabled from editing a patient means, either the
patient data remains inaccurate, a different organizational unit has to be
informed to conduct the change, or the front desk needs authorisation for the
party as well, and conduct the necessary changes in the party module.

It is clearly more lean and less error-prone if the change can be conducted
from the patient registration directly.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63627>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/