[Health-dev] [bug #63627] Problematic restriction for editing parties fr

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #63627] Problematic restriction for editing parties from the patients view
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 05:28:24 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug #63627 (project health):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 1 - Wish
                 Release:                   4.1.0 => 4.3.0

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hi, Axel!

Thanks for the feedback!

I see two different things here:

1) Security and integrity
2) Role designation and tasks

Just to be clear, you can always update the demographics from the person view
at any point in time (provided the appropriate access rights).

About security (1), that is the main reason of the feature. GH can not permit
person reassignment once the patient is created. This is a must. Failing that
premise would be a disaster.

About groups and tasks designation (2), it's a good practice to separate
navigation areas from a privacy and organizational / HR point of view. That is
what happens in health institutions: Administrative / front desk team enter
the demographic information, and the health professionals manage the medical
and clinical data. Front desk personnel should not have access to the person
medical history.

I agree that in small and personal doctor offices, there is one person that
does everything. But even in that scenario, the steps should be the same.
First create the demographic info (party) and then the medical management. You
can always update the demographics from the person view at any point in time.

In the case that we would like to see and update the demographic (party)
information directly from the patient view, instead of using the M2O field, we
can create a direct access action ("Demographics") similarly to what we have
for Prescriptions, encounters, etc.. I think that would the best approach and
make (almost) everyone happy :)

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Luis